CaseWare IDEA Data Analysis is a powerful and versatile data analysis and file interrogation solution that will enable you to improve your business performance, extend your capabilities and add more quality to your work.
Anyone with a need to examine data and produce tailored reports quickly and easily can benefit from the power and capabilities of IDEA, as it can read, display, analyse, manipulate, sample and extract data files from almost any source through a user-friendly, intuitive interface.
By harnessing the power of IDEA, you can get more work done in less time, lowering the cost of your analysis and adding more value to your organisation. IDEA is used mainly in internal audit, risk management and fraud but can be used in many data-reliant professions.
In conjunction with the IDEA Data Analysis software, Auditware provides the training programme necessary to qualify for Caseware IDEA Certification.
- Imports data from a wide range of file types
- Performs analyses of data including comprehensive statistics, profiles, summaries, ageing and Benford’s Law
- Conducts exception tests of unusual or strange items using simple or complex criteria
- Performs calculations
- Tests for missing or duplicate items
- Selects samples using systematic, random or monetary unit techniques
- Matches or compares data from different sources
- Maintains an audit trail/log of all operations performed
- Includes a development tool, IDEAScript, that extends the power and functionality