Delivered in a “jargon-free” environment, this one-day workshop is for auditors of all experience levels seeking to learn how to apply simple data analytics into actionable insights.
A detailed and complimentary workshop to our IDEA-specific CI101 Introduction to IDEA Data Analysis training course, Learning to Audit Using Data is suitable for those delegates meeting one or more of the following criteria:
- Completely new to data analytics
- Keen to understand how to develop these ‘sought after’ skills
- Aiming to maximise existing knowledge of CaseWare IDEA Data Analysis Software solution
Auditors and audit leaders will gain a unique insight into the action needed to start utilising data, to guide decision making and direct audit work. Delivered through a combination of tutor-led theory, group exercises and worked through examples. Specific focus include:
- Confidence – Using a simple approach with explained technical jargon
- Analysis – using simple data analytics techniques
- Extraction – obtaining useful meaning from data
- Communicate – results to generate client impact and deliver value
- Skills – continued approach to learn more
No prior knowledge of data analytics or IDEA is required. It is preferable for delegates to be working within the audit arena and to have a moderate level of computer competency i.e. basic Excel skills. This is a discussion led session and as such no laptops are required on the day. However the tutor will display screenshots of CaseWare IDEA 10 to signpost the relevant functions.
Please note: This training does not extend to the step-by-step execution of key CaseWare IDEA 10 functions. This element is fully covered in the CI101 Introduction to IDEA Data Analysis course.
The course also includes a range of audit testing examples to demonstrate how data analytics can be practically applied including:
- Accounts payable – identifying duplicate payments and supplier payment performance
- Procurement – assessing compliance with authorisation limits
- Payroll – recognising unusual payments made to leavers
- IT – identify risks in the management of access control to key IT systems
- Organisational culture – assessing levels of staff promotions against assigned performance ratings
Learning to Audit Using Data
Start Date: 11/02/2020
End Date: 11/02/2020
Minimum number 4, maximum number 8 per course.
Price (per person) on request – capped trainer travel expenses will be charged.
To book or discuss in-house training, please call +44 (0)1892 512348 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Make a booking
To make a booking please select the number of places you would like to reserve, and then click “Next” to be taken to the delegate registration page.